Monday, March 16, 2009

What A Weekend!

S saying a prayer after being officially engaged

Hantaran (gifts) from S to her fiance

Cupcakes for F. The theme colours were cream and pink.

What an eventful weekend it was for me. These few weeks have been rather crazy in terms of workload. Assignments are piling up. One sent, another received. I've a few more to do before the final exams begin end of this month. Essays, presentations, CDs and weekly reading/tasks. I look forward to the long semester break.

Spent the entire Friday at the campus with my groupmates working on our group assignments, and reached home a few hours before bedtime. Will have to spend at least one more Friday at the campus with my groupmates doing the same thing.

Saturday was all about class and group presentation.

Sunday began with an early morning class. Dropped my books and notes at home after class before driving to my relative's for her engagement ceremony in the afternoon. S is now officially engaged to her sweetheart, F. The wedding is planned for October. Spent the whole afternoon at my relative's catching up after F's entourage from out of town left. We had a small family feast and there was even a massage session. I had a good time. Next, my relatives, family and I paid a visit to my grandparents who live not far away. My grandpa is bedridden due to a leg infection. He was warded for over a week, and he asked to be discharged about a week ago. I reached home at night. What a day!

Will post more engagement photos taken with a different camera later. How was your weekend?

2 comments:

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Skyjuice :)

What an exciting weekend albeit tiring a little bit. This type of diversion is necessary to relax your nerves after the grueling sessions of preparation and study for your exams.

Sine you spent some time in England do you speak with a British accent? Or have you lost the accent after you came to your home town?

The photos are lovely. Many thanks for sharing.

Have a nice day :)

SkyJuice said...

Hi Joseph,

You're welcome, and thank you for visiting as always.

What accent I use depends on the person I'm talking to. I speak with a Malaysian accent when I talk to my Malaysian friends. I switch to a bit of British accent when I speak to my British friends because sometimes they find it hard to understand the Malaysian accent. However, I think our own accents are what make us unique. The most important thing is that the receiver understands our message.

Have a good day! :-)