Thursday, December 03, 2009

'Aidiladha 1430H

The family jokers wearing Arab costumes

Sunset over Langkawi Island viewed from Kuala Perlis

Langkawi Island (left) and Brasmana Island (right)

My family and I have had a great 'Aidiladha. After 'Eid prayer on the morning of 10 Zulhijjah, my family and I visited my late grandpa's grave, paid our last respects to a late relative and visited some maternal relatives in a neighbouring state.

The next day, we took a speedboat to Satun, Thailand, to visit my paternal relatives after a couple of decades of absence. We had a food feast, sheesha, card games, chit–chat and storytelling at home, and loafing by the seafront with my cousins on the following day. We hope to do this again soon.

2 comments:

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Skyjuice:)

Lovely photos.

It is always good to meet relatives after a long time. I am sure the celebrations must have been fantastic. And the ride in the speed boat must have been exciting.

Best wishes:)
Joseph

SkyJuice said...

Hi Joseph,

Thank you. Yes, it was good to have finally met my Thai relatives again after such a long time.

I enjoyed the boat ride very much. Wouldn't mind doing it again sometime. :-)